- Category of Project: Renovations
- Project Title: Renovation and extension of the Leventis Museum
- Location: Nicosia
- Plan area: 2150 m2
- Construction time: 11 months
- Date of Completion: September 2009
- Client: Leventis Foundation
- Architects: Architectural Office Pefkios Georgiades
An exciting project to restore and extend the Leventis Museum of Nicosia. The museum promotes the history of Nicosia and Cyprus, through its collections, exhibitions, seminars and other events. The work carried out required specialized experience to ensure the extension was in keeping with the original style.
The project is a marriage of a classical structure with new modern materials such as the union of the two buildings of the museum with a glass bridge. Accessibility to the site was restricted both physically and in terms of hours and much work was completed in the early hours of the morning.