Our History & Milestones
Our History & Milestones
Founded in 1977 by Mr. Sotos Lois, LOIS Builders Ltd is one of the most established and highly regarded construction companies in Cyprus and abroad.
Characterized by exceptional service, skilled committed personnel and a forward-thinking approach, LOIS Builders are leading the way in the construction industry.
The company has successfully accomplished:
- Ongoing impressive growth within a highly competitive industry
- The highest standards in quality implementation
- Punctual completion of a diverse range of projects
- Reputation built upon experience with many private and public clients
LOIS Builders Group is made of 3 main companies:
LOIS Builders Ltd: located in Cyprus, it is the historical company that has 216 completed projects to this day, for clients in all sectors of commerce, industry and services. Their specific requirements may vary but all these clients share the same goals of quality, time and cost reassurance.
LOIS Builders KSA: a successful extension of the historical company to the Kingdom of Saudia Arabia where LOIS Builders is extensively involved in building large scale projects. More
Lois Parking: a diversification strategy for LOIS Builders Group. Having recognized the lack of parking availability in town centres and a gap in the Cypriot market for well-managed parking facilities, LOIS Builders Group established in 2011 LOIS Parking offering modern parking facilities with a focus on prime locations. More here
- 2015 Accredited with the Sound Industrial Relations 2014 award (SIR 2014) for the consolidation, understanding and correct implementation of Labour legislation and practice within the workplace in Cyprus.
- 2015 Honoured with the “Employer Equality" accreditation by the Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance.
- 2015 Awarded the prestigious contract of aprox. $24 million for the construction of the redesigned Plateia Eleftherias (Freedom Square) and the surrounding area, designed by the world renowned architect Dame Zaha Hadid, winner of the Pritzker Prize in 2004 and the Stirling Prize in 2010 and 2011. A very challenging and complex landmark project of great historic, social and commercial importance since it is located in the heart of Nicosia connecting the old historic town with the new commercial centre.
- 2013 First international technical works contract of $26m nominated to LOIS Builders in KSA with the approval of the Ministry of Housing for the construction of all infrastructure-related works.The project was successfully completed in 2015.
- 2012 First international construction project in KSA of $48m assigned to LOIS Builders for the construction of a Military Facility comprised of 65 buildings in an area of 65,000m². The project was successfully completed in 2014.
- 2012 LOIS Builders has been presented with the prestigious Investors in People award after demonstrating consistency of excellence in the way the business develops and supports staff. Successfully recertified since then.
- 2010-11 Subsidiary company, LOIS Parking, created and won 3 DBOT projects after successful bidding to design, build and manage municipal multi-storey parking facilities.
- 2010 Overseas expansion in Saudi Arabia, creating a new company LOIS Builders KSA with our own offices and personnel in Riyadh.
- 2009 Participation and implementation of the QuCon European research programme for the development of real-time quality assessment tools. Active participation in other construction related research programmes since then, including the Six Sigma quality control programme (2010), the EUREKA programme (2011) and most recently (2014) the Horizon 2020 European research programme.
- 2009 Initiated the construction of Stasinou Nouvel Tower 25, a challenging high-rise landmark project located in the city centre of Nicosia with a budget exceeding $17 million. The building is currently one of the tallest on the island and has been designed by the world renowned architect Jean Nouvel, winner of the Pritzker prize 2008.
- 2008 First technical project in excess of $23 million - the successful bid for the construction of the Paralimni – Deryneia road, commissioned by the Ministry of Communications and Works.
- 2007 Launch of scholarship and summer placement programme in collaboration with 3 Universities in areas of study relevant to the construction industry (management, architecture and engineering).
- 2007 Celebrating 30 years of operation in the Cypriot market.
- 2007 Several cost–plus operation projects entrusted to LOIS Builders by clients.
- 2004-05 Lateral diversification in technical works, infrastructure and road works – strategic alliance with a Specialized Partner, Phoenix Constructions Ltd.
- 2003 First property development project promoted in the Cypriot market. Professional operation in this field since then with more than 10 projects, both residential and commercial.
- 2002 Successful bid for the first Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT). Project in Cyprus of $5 million - the high specification underground parking of Nicosia’s new Town Hall.
- 2001 LOIS Builders granted and completed its first Design & Build project of total budget $9 million - a 6000 sqm cigarette factory built in 4 months.
- 1987 Receipt of the Certification of the Highest Ranking Classification for Building Works by the Council for the Registration and Control of Building Contractors and Contractors of Civil Engineering Works.
- 1982 Achievement of subcontracting agreement for the international construction conglomerate, John Laing, in the U.A.E.
- 1999 Receipt of ISO 9002 Certification and successfully renewed ever since with the updated ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
- 1998 First project in excess of $53 million - the successful construction of new government offices, commissioned by the Ministry of Communications and Works.
- 1998 Receipt of the Certification of the Highest Ranking Classification for Civil Engineering Works by the Council for the Registration and Control of Building Contractors and Contractors of Civil Engineering Works.
- 1992 First project in excess of $21 million - the successful construction of the Forum Hotel, a member of the international hotel chain “Intercontinental”.
- 1977 Establishment of LOIS Builders Ltd by Mr. Sotos Lois, with his father as the first foreman.