- Category of Project: Specialised Projects
- Project Title: Paralimni – Deryneia road
- Location: Famagusta
- Total length: 5km
- Construction time: 24 months
- Date of Completion: January 2012
- Client: Ministry of Communications and Works
- Architects: Public Works Department
The consortium LOIS Builders & PHOENIX CONSTRUCTIONS LTD completed the critical project to improve the Paralimni - Deryneia road in the Famagusta area.
This crucial road connecting the two areas, is the main axis of commercial activity for Famagusta, along which are almost all the provincial offices of various government agencies, headquarters of banks, large institutions, large commercial centers, shops and residential units.
The Project included a double lane road, pavements, parking bays, 3500 meter cycle lane, a new roundabout, bus stops, pedestrian crossings, refurbishment of existing bridges and the construction of sewage and drainage facilities.
The project also included the modernization of all signage and lighting along the entire road, spanning more than 4km.