- Category of Project: Commercial and Office Buildings
- Project Title: Mall of Engomi
- Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
- Plan Area: 26500 m2 indoors with 8300 m2 of parking
- Construction time: 19 months
- Date of Completion: December 2007
- Client: NKS Group of companies
- Architects: J & A Philippou Architects Engineers
The Mall of Engomi is a large contemporary retail park situated in the Engomi area of Nicosia, housing a large Carrefour supermarket, the department store Debenhams, the DIY store Home Centre and several other retail outlets. The project, which has a metallic structure, includes ground floor and large scale basement parking facilities. A combination of modern and traditional materials such as stone and marble were used with modern techniques. Heating, cooling, fire safety and security measures were all undertaken for this project.
All the strict requirements combined with the extremely tight time schedule, introduced an important challenge to our company.